Promethean Literary Journal
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Edited by students, Promethean publishes the prose, poetry, and art of City College students, faculty, and alumni.
Our current submission period will be open until Saturday December 1st, 2018 11:59PM (ET).
These are the guidelines for our submission period. Please review them carefully before submitting:
- Please submit one prose piece (double-spaced, 8,000 word max), one play or screenplay (standard format, 20 pages max), or up to four poems (10 single-space pages max). You may submit excerpts from longer works.
- Multiple written submissions are allowed, so long as they are different genres. However, all written submissions must be included in ONE .doc or .docx file. All written submissions should be in 12-point Times New Roman font.
- We also accept artwork for the cover and interior of the issue. Please submit up to six art files (jpg, gif, or png). All art files must be submitted together.
- Title your submission like so: LastNameFirstInitial>underscore>genre(s)
- Cover letters should include your name, telephone and email contact, a word count, the real title(s) of your work, and a short bio.
It pains us to say so, but failure to follow our guidelines will result in the instant decline of your submission.
Promethean does accept simultaneous submissions, but in the event that your work is accepted for publication elsewhere, please do us the courtesy of informing us promptly.
Only previously unpublished works will be considered for publication. Work transmitted via e-mail will not be accepted for consideration.
For more information, drop by our NAC 6/322,office, email us at email@example.com or like us on Facebook.